Ok! It’s Wednesday, and time for another Top 5! This weeks topic is Worst Series Enders.
Firstly, I don’t know how to go about this because typically, I’m Mrs. Positive. Secondly, I don’t like to bash books/authors because THEY WORK SO HARD. However I will try to be objective as to why they didn’t become my favorites.
1. Allegiant – So, I have a confession: I didn’t read book 3 in the Divergent series. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for the movies and genuinely enjoyed the first two books. However, I couldn’t bring myself to read the last book (SPOILER) without Tris. I know I should probably swallow that, and read it, but I just haven’t yet.
2. Fallen – Ok. Sorry, but it was kind of over for me after the first installment. I guess some of the plot got tedious and I feel like the story wasn’t captivating my need for differentiation and surprises. I think there are great dynamics in the story, and it’s characters are well thought out. I just didn’t dig the story trajectory.
p.s. Still excited for the Fallen movie in 2015
Oh, gosh! This is so hard! Ok. Ok.
3. Matched – I didn’t finish this, again. I think that’s the problem. If I don’t jive with a series (for my own weird reasons) I just don’t finish it. I know people LOVE Matched. I think what happened to me is that I read this after a long line of other dystopian style novels, and I became disinterested. Maybe I will try again.
4. Twilight – Well, because. I like the kick-butt stuff, but the Jacob and Renesmee thing was kind of odd for me.
5. The Hunger Games – This is purely selfish. It’s incredibly well-writen. An amazing series. I wasn’t a fan of how out-of-it Katniss was in Mockingjay. I understand why. I know that the character development and coping mechanisms make total sense for Katniss’ character, but I just wanted her to be more lucid. That’s all. Please don’t hate me now…
What series do you think ended badly? Do you agree with any of mine? Let’s also leave *bashing* for other people to do! Authors ROCK, no matter what they decided to do with their characters, and I can’t say anything against them because I have not yet finished my first MS! So be kind. 🙂