TOP 5 WEDNESDAY TODAY!!!
These are my top five that feature traveling. Here we go…
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – This is a great realistic fiction book where the heroine gets sent away to boarding school in France. It’s a sweet love story, and made me laugh multiple times. PG13 content, but I always love when an author can keep me interested without elements of total “make-believe.”
2. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill – This on was also very funny, and love was thwarted at nearly EVERY turn!! The MC travels to London on a school trip, and is a total rule follower (this is totally me – so I connected). Anyway. I *think* there were a couple of curse words so I’d say a PG to PG13 rating, but SUCH a cute love story. I have to say, I’m shocked two realistic fiction stories made this list!
3. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick – REALISTIC FICTION #3!! Shocker! This one is definitely PG13 as there are scenes with some thriller aspects. It’s about a girl that’s going backpacking through the Teton Range with her friend, but ends up being kidnapped and solving a murder case. SO. With that said, I found it very compelling and well-written.
4. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – This one is a different kind of travel. One through time and space that is. I thought it was well-written. The two different voices —Lilac’s and Tarver’s—are distinct and pull us through a heart wrenching story…fully equipped with a few twisties and turnsies. So, buckle up for a galactic surprise or two.
5. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver – This the second dystopian novel in the Delirium series. The story follows Lena on the run. She left her home and is trying to find her way in a group of rag-tag rebellious, yet organized, youngsters. They all chose love. They are being hunted for it. (Personally would recommend this one above Divergent)! I know *gasp*…
What are your Top 5?